Sheltering Wings has been able to serve an amazingly large number of women and children, because of the generosity of our community and churches. For example, our pantry shelves are rarely empty, because when we announce that we have needs, the community responds with donations.
We also have ongoing needs for:
- New twin size comforters, sheet sets, towels and pillows
- Manila envelopes and two pocket folders
- Paper towel/toilet paper
- HE laundry detergent
- Hair and skin care products for African American women (leave in conditioner, hair glosser, hair butter, curling jelly, oil moisturizers, coconut oil, Vaseline and very small rubber bands)
- Reams of copy paper
- 55 (or larger) trash bags
- Windex, spray cleaners, toilet bowl cleaner, Fabuloso
- Lunch meat
- Beef, chicken, pork, canned tuna
- Cheese (sliced and shredded)
- Fresh fruit
- Individual wrapped snack items (chips, crackers, granola bars, fruit cups, yogurt, smoothies, breakfast bars)
- Spaghetti sauce, Mac and cheese, Ravioli
- Salad (Large/Bulk sizes) and veggies
Sheltering Wings does not accept clothing donations at the shelter facility. Please bring donated clothing to the home of Sabrina Gossett, at 1258 Spring Lake Drive in Brownsburg. Leave the donations on the front porch (and please do not ring the doorbell). We use those donations to obtain vouchers for our families to spend at Goodwill.
Computers may be donated to PC-Com in Avon, who will provide gift cards to Sheltering Wings in exchange for the donations. Used cell phones and ink cartridges may be left at the shelter (but we cannot accept chargers or other accessories). We cannot accept used printers, TVs, or other electronic devices.
Amazon donates 0.5 percent of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Amazon Smile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same Amazon Prime benefits. Support Sheltering Wings by shopping at smile.amazon.com.
THANK YOU, BUT …
We cannot accept donations of used children’s and baby toys, cribs, or eyeglasses. We appreciate the thought, but our space is limited.
BE A MONTHLY SPONSOR!
We are so thankful for the support we receive, yet we know that meeting our ongoing needs will require ongoing financial support. It costs over one million dollars a year to operate the shelter.
Our greatest need at this time is for long term financial investments. We are looking for companies, churches, and organizations to sponsor, agreeing to cover a specific cost every month for us. If you or someone you know would like to help Sheltering Wings by sponsoring an ongoing financial need (such as our phone bill, landscaping, copier support, etc.). Your business can send financial support straight to the utility to provide a credit to our bill or you can designate with us what bill your donation should go towards.
Will you, your church, or your organization commit to the need?
Current Monthly Sponsorship Opportunities available:
- Youth Council Meal Sponsor ($50/month)
- Copier Maintenance ($200/month)
- Postage ($300/month)
- Community Education Program Supplies ($200/month)
- Transportation Costs* within Hendricks County ($20/month covers 2 trips… multiple sponsorship opportunities)*such as Doctor appointments, court appearances, community meetings, etc.
For additional information on becoming a Monthly Supporter, contact Amy O’Hearn at 317-386-5051 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Click here to see the list of existing monthly sponsors.